Get the FAQ’s! Below are some of the frequently asked questions that we hear.

Hello! How can we help you?

Hi, we’re glad you stopped by! Wellspring Consultants, Inc. provides a wide variety of services related to environmental issues and water resources development.

At Wellspring, we work with clients that are:

  • concerned they may have environmental issues on their property;
  • worried that regulators like Water Management District or FDEP will oppose their project, and
  • stressed that hiring a consultant will be too costly.

We alleviate those fears by:

  • using sound science to evaluate a property,
  • advocate for the client when dealing with regulators, and
  • respond quickly with guidance and reports you need to move your project forward.

If you’re about to face these issues call us! 904-729-7054

I need to close an underground storage tank

The presence of underground storage tanks has become a concern for some appraisers and lenders, as well as landowners.

Our closure reports assure that the issue has been handled following the appropriate laws.

When we’re done, peace of mind and an opportunity to close the deal is what you get. We have the experience needed to handle this issue and satisfy your concerns quickly and for a reasonable price.

Call us today so we can have a licensed professional geologist assess your situation and develop a proactive solution for you. 904-729-7054

I need assistance obtaining a consumptive use permit

Water supply wells often require the issuance of a consumptive use permit by the water management district. Obtaining the permit can require the assistance of a seasoned consultant.

Once you have the permit in hand, there may also be specific conditions that require our assistance. We can guide you through the process from conceptual design through permit implementation.

Please contact us so we can make sure your project is on track from the beginning.

I am having trouble understanding the permitting requirements for a hazardous waste permit

Hazardous waste permitting can be complicated and time-consuming. You will typically need to have a consultant prepare a Contingency Plan and a Closure Plan before the regulators will issue the permit.

On top of all that, the forms for applying for this type of permit can be confusing.

Wellspring personnel have the experience required and established relationships with the regulators to handle your project with confidence.

How do I choose the right environmental consultant?

We often hear from clients that have hired an environmental consultant and have made a horrible mistake. It may be that you’ve hired a large consulting company, and the key players that met with you initially are now nowhere to be found.

Or, maybe you elected to go with a smaller, boutique firm and they’ve overcommitted. They’re months behind on the work, and the regulatory agency is leaning on you hard for some answers.

Whatever the situation may be, you would be well served to know the five keys to finding a compatible environmental consultant. Click the link to go to our article about this subject.

I just got my environmental permit. Now what?

Environmental permits and regulations strive to protect and enhance public health in environmentally responsible ways. To support these regulations, regulatory agencies issue permits and inspect facilities to ensure they operate within the permit’s conditions.

So you got your environmental permit issued. Great! Now what? Let’s take a look at implementing your environmental permit. You’ll want to read this article we wrote.

I've heard about PFAS contamination. How can we find out if we have it on our property?

According to the National Toxicology Program, Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances, or PFAS, are a large group of human-made compounds that are used globally to make everyday consumer products more resistant to stains, grease, and water. For example, these chemicals are used to keep food from sticking to cookware, make stain-resistant sofas and carpets, waterproof clothing, and mattresses. They may also be used in some food packaging, as well as in some firefighting materials. Because they help reduce friction, they are also used in a variety of other industries, including aerospace, automotive, building and construction, and electronics.

PFAS are an emerging issue. The assessment of them requires a firm that is up to date on the assessment and remediation techniques specific to them.

Wellspring personnel are monitoring the evolving regulations and prepared to tackle this concern on your behalf. Please contact us today for assistance.

The bank told me that I need a Phase I or II Environmental Site Assessment

Phase I and Phase II Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) are often required by a lender prior to the purchase of a commercial or industrial property.

All appropriate inquiries,” or AAI, is a process of evaluating a property’s environmental conditions and assessing potential liability for any contamination. All appropriate inquiries must be conducted to obtain certain protections from liability under the federal Superfund Law (CERCLA). (LINK)

All of our Phase I ESA reports meet ASTM E1527-13 standards and AAI.

If the results of the Phase I come back without any Recognized Environmental Conditions, then that is generally enough to satisfy the lender and the transaction proceeds. However, if potential concerns show up in the Phase I, then the Phase II ESA moves to soil and/or groundwater sampling for the Recognized Environmental Conditions identified in the Phase I. Once results are back from the lab and the extent of the contamination is determined, remediation recommendations are made in the Phase II or subsequent reports.

Sometimes the soil or groundwater samples come back with levels so low that no remediation is necessary. But if further action is required, we can provide an action plan that fits the needs of the project in speed, cost, and effectiveness. As with any real estate transaction, very often, time is of the essence, so we move quickly to meet your closing deadlines.

We know how important it is to have a clear understanding of the possible contamination of a site. Call us and let’s set a time to discuss.

We’re here to help! 904-729-7054